Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Progress?

Another day spent trying to find a dry shipper. I've almost given up. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get the one from Australia, and if it will arrive in time. Otherwise I'll have to go with World Couriers option of hiring one and all the huge freight costs involved with that.

I did have one interesting phone call though. Irene Gardener from Cordbank phoned in reply to an email I sent last week asking if they had a shipper they could hire out. One of Irene's other jobs is as a media commentator on TV1's Breakfast show. She said that the Cordbank was also looking at the logistics of sending stem cells overseas and thought we might be able to help each other. Unfortunately the timing was all wrong so it won't be happening, but it was really nice talking to and dealing with such a positive helpful person.

Oh .. and I booked my tickets to Munich today, leaving 6th August.. ready or not! Got a great deal from House of travel only $2827 return!
Right that's enough for one day.. off to soak in the spa :)

No comments: