Thursday, July 31, 2008

and breath..

Argh! what a crappy day! and I'm not talking about the weather. (which is even crappier)

I spent the best part of the early morning talking to various people about the logistics of getting a Dry Shipper (see earlier posts), I looked at getting one form Australia that was offered to me at about half price because it was dented. I thought about it, but they could not guarantee that it would stay chilled beyond 6.5 days. Normally they will be quite happy at -150C for up to a month, so there was obviously a problem with it and I don't want to buy something that could potentially leave my stem cells looking like 6 packets of slightly warm Chicken soup.

Soooo I've bitten the bullet and agreed to pay the extortionate shipping costs associated with hiring one from World Couriers in Sydney. So then the next problem pops up.. they don't actually have it sitting there on a shelf! (I hope It's not the dented one I turned down!).
So I'm anxiously awaiting the news as to when it can get here because apparently the shipper then needs to be "primed" with liquid nitrogen in a process that can take 2 days.

Wellington hospital then needs me to fill out screeds of paperwork before they release it for shipping. All this before Wednesday afternoon when I'm due to fly out! I can see me pushing the flight out another day... grrr

No comments: