Thursday, March 15, 2012

Adcetris Days 16 & 17, Cycle-1

I spent most of yesterday preparing the Evo for this weekend's motorpsort.
It passed a warrant of fitness check yesterday easily, today I'll put a licence on it so I can drive to and from the event. The warrant of fitness guy gave me a friendly wind-up about the state of the drive shaft. It has a torn rubber boot and also moves around a bit on the mounts. I knew this, but I just couldn't be bothered fixing it. After his ribbing I had a quick look through my spare parts room under the house and found a replacement and fitted it. Probably best :)

Today I'm off to a private test track to scrub in the new Nitto race tyres and get some "seat time" in the car. The hillclimb this weekend gives you only 45 seconds in the car each run and that's just not long enough to get used to things. If I drive for about thirty minutes today at the track I'll be at home behind the wheel come Sunday.
Trying to come to grips with a car that puts out 320Kw to the wheels is hard enough, but to be thrown in the deep in with no time behind the wheel and expected to perform is asking a bit much, especially when it's often months between drives.

Healthwise, The ringing in my ears is much worse. I mentioned to the doctors in my email that I thought it had increased slightly, but now it's obvious that there's been a significant increase in my tinnitus.
Hopefully it's not cumulative and it doesn't get worse with each cycle! It's most annoying at night when trying to get to sleep. I had an increase in 2008 when I had cisplatin chemo in Germany and was about as bad as it is now, but it seems to have reduced over the years. Hopefully that is the case this time too.

I ran a slight fever this morning, I woke chilled and aching. It's taken about three hours for me to start feeling better and it's only a slight improvement so far. I'm a little disappointed about this as the fevers had all but disappeared last week. Could be all the toxins running around my body?

The torn muscle in my back is still causing grief too, but I can still detect a small improvement in my health each day, so that's good. The reduction in prednisone is noticeable. Small cuts etc that were taking forever to heal have suddenly healed in a couple of days.

Well must go.. huge day today!   ..Ron

No comments: