Friday, March 16, 2012

Adcetris Day 18. Cycle-1

So much happening on so many fronts at the moment.
It's only three days until I start cycle two of the Adcetris/Brentuximab. Time has certainly flown by!
Just a few aches and pains at the moment, a head-ache during the day. I mention this because I never get headaches so I have to assume it's treatment related. No stomach problems for about a week though.
Still no itch and the only cough I have is one that needs to be provoked to clear the phlegm that seems to build up daily. That's probably related to the fibrosis I have in one lung.

Yesterday's trip to our secret German test facility was quite an experience! While still coming to grips with the technically difficult track I put one wheel on the grass as I was going over a crest  and next thing I was sailing off through the scenery sideways and getting airborne as I careered over dips and bumps. I then slid back onto the track, loosing a bit of speed before nudging a grass bank then coming to a stop. I thought I'd done massive damage to the car going by the wild ride from the drivers seat, But a quick inspection revealed just a damaged plastic splitter that's attached to the front bumper.. well usually attached, I left most of it in pieces all over the paddock.


Other than that, it was a good day and I achieved what I set out to do: Get some seat time and scrub in my new race tyres. They certainly worked a lot better at the end of the session than they did when I started! I'm almost ready now for Sunday's hillclimb, just a few minor things to fix tomorrow before packing the van with spares, fuel and tools.

Today was a special day for the little Toyota AE86 race car. It's been sitting gathering dust in the corner of my various workshops for nearly twelve years, waiting for me to get around to restoring it.
Rolrich Panel & Spray picked it up today with their flat-deck tow truck and will be doing some minor repairs and then colour matching and painting the new light-weight fibreglass parts before I fit them.
Then the little Toyota will be returned home to my workshop where it will get a full rebuild ready for Sarah and I to compete in events around the country at a slightly less hectic pace than what the Evo does.

OK must go.. Sarah's in the spa-pool and I think I'll join her for a soak, my back is killing me!

...Ron

No comments: