Saturday, March 10, 2012

Adcetris Days 11 & 12, Cycle 1

I'm still plagued with back-ache. It radiates into my left flank at the base of my rib cage and aches like mad. I went to the osteopath again yesterday and I have to admit the original back pain is a lot better but the flank pain is just as bad. Originally I thought it was referred pain but now I'm guessing it's where the actual muscle is and it's probably torn.

My cough is virtually gone completely as has my itch. I also no longer sweat heaps either, which I always thought was caused by the prednisone. So on the face of it all my B-symptoms have disappeared within the space of a week
I still feel a bit fuzzy and dull with the occasional stomach ache, although a lot more mild and that's all due to the Adcetris itself.

However I am very well overall. My daughter Ashleigh and her partner Michael return to Brisbane today. I'll drop them at the airport as soon as I finish this blog. In the two weeks she has been here she has seen me go from a fragile, coughing and fatigued state, back to an almost normal person.
We just got back from having an ice-cream and a walk along the pier/wharf at Days Bay. It's a fantastic Wellington day, no wind and hardly a cloud in the sky. It's so fantastic to go from being so sick to so well in such a short period of time and to get out and enjoy the time we have together.


Last night the four of us went out to our favorite Asian restaurant for dinner. We ordered nearly every entree on the menu, it was quite a banquet. We then came home and Sarah and I had a long soak in the spa pool, (it did my back the world of good). Ashleigh and Michael decided to stay dry. (Probably deciding it's not cool to be in the spa pool with the "Olds").  However it was so good to catch up with Ashleigh these last couple of weeks and spend some quality time together.

Oh and I'm gaining weight finally !! I've put on about 1kg in the last week!  Awesome!
Hodgkins is known for reducing weight. It looks like the handbrake has come off and I'm away.

Till tomorrow... Ron

Michael, Ashleigh & Dad
Ron & Sarah

No comments: