Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Adcetris Day-8, Cycle 1

Today I woke feeling almost normal.
The flu like symptoms have resolved as have most of my aches. The stomach ache was probably the worst of it. I am feeling a little "wired" but that's not unusual for me anyway, It's a mix of the prednisone and Hodgkins.

My cough is still really good, It's no longer a dry choking asthmatic cough. Now I just feel the need to cough to clear my chest of phlegm and when I do it's thick and sticky, but once cleared I'm fine.

The visit to GP yesterday was very productive. He agreed that I'd probably torn a muscle in my back and that only time would heal it. I managed to coax him into prescribing me some Tramadol for pain relief. I took some last night and it worked well on reducing my back ache but then I started itching again really badly after having not itched all day. Hopefully it's a side effect of the tramadol, I really hate that itch and after two years of it I just want it gone!

The doctor also gave me some exercises to do to strengthen my left foot which appears to have a torn tendon in it. It's been holding me back from exercising for several months now. It was very weak to start with and I never really regained any real strength in it after leaving hospital last year, then I snapped it a couple of months ago stepping off the water-pump box onto the adjacent bank in the garden.

I'm actually working in my workshop today. I have a Honda S2000 Convertible in for some race suspension.
The customer supplied his own parts and as expected they don't fit properly and I need to make up some brake fittings and change over the springs. Someone has robbed the correct coil springs out of the boxes and put back ones that won't work on his car. Still it's not exactly hard work and I enjoy getting the results at the end of the job.

So, assuming I'm still feeling better tomorrow, it looks like it takes a week to get over the worst of the chemo short term effects. Mind you the first few days I was fine. This is one of the reasons I'm logging all this, so I know what to expect in the following cycles.

Bring on tomorrow!

No comments: