Saturday, March 3, 2012

Adcetris Day-5, Cycle 1

Another morning where by I woke feeling like I'd been hit by a large bus.
Flu-like aches and generally feeling like crap. A couple of paracetamols and by lunchtime I'm almost normal again.

I still itch but it's not the insane "must itch" I usually have.. it may be slowly reducing as the toxins drain from my skin and system or it may be wishful thinking, only time will tell.
My cough is less choking and dry, it's now a very productive wet cough and I can't believe how much phlegm one person can produce. I'm hoping I'm just having a good clean out. It's clear/white in colour and really thick and sticky. If it were green I'd worry about infection, but it's not.  :)

My back ache is still my primary focus. Lots of Anti-Flamme cream, pain killers and hot showers seems to be the answer at this stage. I'll go see the Osteopath again early next week. Whether it's being exacerbated by the chemo or it's just a really bad injury remains to be seen.

Stomach still aches on occasion and I've had to make a couple of unscheduled trips to the toilet but that's fairly normal for any chemo I've had previously too. Although the Brentuximab is a targeted chemotherapy I guess it must still has an effect on intestinal flora etc.

The weather here today is terrible, a passing storm. We have decided to fill and heat the spa pool so I can soak away my aches. There's nothing quite like the snug feeling of sitting in a heated pool at 38C, outside but under cover while a storm rages just metres away.  Life is good :)

No comments: