Thursday, February 26, 2009

Two posts today!

Well I had to really, you see I made a complete liar of myself by saying I felt OK.
I really hate the food here, and I associate it with feeling ill. A couple of times I have refused to lift the lids on the plates because just the sight of food can make me feel like throwing up, so I'll only drink the soup and avoid even looking at the main.

This was the case today. I was sitting in my room feeling really quite good when the meal tray came in. I figured I had better drink the vegetable soup as I needed the sustenance.
I drank it all too.. tasted terrible though. Then all of a sudden Bam! I threw the whole lot up!. Luckily I managed to grab one of the plastic containers they have here for such incidences. I filled it to the brim.. almost a litre I'd say. Bugger!

Oddly enough I felt great after that, perhaps my body decided to reject the soup ;-)
So it's back to the 'Up & Go's' for me, I can wait another day before looking under the hood of another tray of hospital food.

The nurse came and saw me too, she added another couple of meds to my lineup.
I'm now on an antibiotic, an anti-fungal and an antiviral drug. ...Nothing can grow on this cold, barren landscape.. (Hmm where have I heard that before)
I also start back on my old friend the GCSF to help boost my non-existent white cell count. So it's more tummy injections for a week or so.

That's about it... as you were :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is there an anal probe in all this - (to take your temp)??

Ron Scanlan said...

In your ear big guy! ..They use a digital ear thermometer these days. :)