Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cough Improving..

Isn't it weird.. This darned annoying dry hacking cough is getting better by the day!
It's still there, I'm coughing now as I type.. but over-all it's much improved over what it was a month ago. At that time I was having violent coughing fits that often got so bad that I vomited. Yuk!

Now it's just when I talk or if I breath in water etc when I'm drinking.. something that I seem to do far more often than I'd like, no matter how careful I am. I've been taking Seravent and I think that's made the biggest difference. I always thought that a lot of the coughing was asthma related. The cough when I talk is a result of the radiation treatment causing damage to my bronchial tubes. My biggest fear was that the cough was because of lung involvement, but if that were the case it would not be improving like it is.

I've been getting out and exercising as often as I can. I went for a bush walk last week that would normally have had me stopping every 10 minutes or so for a rest, but this time I did it without stopping, even on the steep uphill sections.

So my over-all fitness is improving in leaps and bounds. I want to start running again in the coming weeks. The idea is to be as physically fit as I can possibly be going into the next stage of treatment.

No comments: