Sunday, August 3, 2008

Things that go thump in the night.

One of the "B" symptoms I get is a pulsing back ache at night.
To stop it from happening all I need to do is take two panadol at around 6pm followed by two more just before I fall asleep around 10:30pm.
This was worked out simply by taking them in that order one evening and having a great night's sleep. I've found that nothing else works. Forget, or take them too late and it's an extremely painful experience.

Last night I took only one panadol at around 4pm followed by 2 more at 11pm. I was woken at 12:40am by this incredible pincer like pain in the flanks of my lower back. It pulses with my heartbeat and is almost unbearable, like someone putting a Taser on my spine and being zapped 70 times a minute. This rates at about 7 on my personal pain scale.

From that point there is nothing I can do for the next 1 1/2 hours except ride it out.
Last night I dipped into my personal collection of self medication drugs and treated myself to 2ml of Morphine. It doesn't really do a lot for the pain initially but after a 30 minutes your so focused on the pretty colours and surreal thoughts sweeping through your head that the pain doesn't really matter anymore.

So lesson learned, stick with what works! If it wasn't for the back pain I'd have no symptoms at all. Symptoms are good though.. you know when you are getting better when they fade away.
Problem is that would involve not taking any panadol... hmmm no pain, no gain.

No comments: