Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Adcetris / Brentuximab has arrived.

Finally the new drug has arrived in the country. Richard Isaacs my oncologist sent me a text this morning to say it had arrived and that he would like to start treatment on Feb 13th 2012.

The CT scan results came in a few days back too.. a couple of modestly enlarged (2.5 to 3cm) lymph nodes in both my abdomen and pelvis. Not a lot else to see. The radiologist had no idea what to make of my lungs, the left lung being a total mess. I said to Dr Isaacs that my lungs were a bit of an enigma, no one's really sure what was going on there... lymphoma or BOOP or fibrosis. My spleen is still slightly enlarged too.

He asked if I still wanted to continue with the Brentuximab in light of the CT scan. I think he was thinking of waiting until I was in worse shape.. what I call the parachute effect. But I was in a pretty bad state a couple of months ago and the idea of the Vinorelbine was to get me to this stage so I'd be in better shape for the new treatment. I said I wanted continue and that my low blood counts showed that I still had some degree of marrow involvement that needed to be considered.

So here I am, in pretty good shape and hopefully going to get a whole lot better.
It's not like there's a huge cancer burden to get rid of.. just a spring clean! (well that's my theory!)

Hey here's a laugh.. further to yesterday's drama where I fitted larger brakes to my car only to find the wheels no longer fitted..
I purchased later model STi wheels today from the guy on Trademe, they fitted perfectly and he only wanted $150 for the whole set, an absolute bargain. I dropped both sets of wheels off at the tyre shop this morning to have the tyres swapped over expecting to pay about $90 for the job. Later in the day I got a phone call from the tyre shop saying they had a buyer for my old wheels for $200 and there was no charge on the fitting of my new ones!
Talk about falling down the toilet and coming up with gold teeth! ..or in this case.. Gold wheels!  :)



Cheers!   ..Ron

No comments: