Friday, October 28, 2011

Blood counts still climbing.

The haematology nurse just phoned to tell me the results of today's blood test. They show that my counts are still improving.

Platelets are up to 37 from 11 two weeks ago. (normal range 150-400)
Haemoglobin is 124 up from less than 100 (normal 130-175)
White cells are now 3.8 up from 0.63 (normal range 4-11)
Neutrophils are now 1.5 up from 0.1 (normal range 1.9-7.5)

My platelet count will never be back in the normal range, It's hovered down around 30-45 for years now.
It's a legacy of the stem cell transplant and poor marrow.

However the other counts are rocketing up in leaps and bounds percentage-wise.
The white cells and neutrophils mean I have a better first line defence against infection and the higher haemoglobin equates to more energy as more oxygen is able to be carried to the muscles.

I still have this really debilitating cough though, kinda hoped it would go with the chemo.
Perhaps it will when I finally get on the Adcetris. When ever that will be.

I guess I'll know more after my appointment next Friday.

..Ron

No comments: