Monday, June 8, 2009

Radiation Pneumonitis ?

Not that I'm obsessive or anything, but having spent many dozens of hours scouring the internet for an answer to what ails me, I've found one scenario that fits like a glove. Radiation Pneumonitis.

Symptoms include constant cough and a low grade fever. I've emailed my Haematologist, again, I bet he's sick of hearing from me! He's given a quick reply asking that I phone him tomorrow morning to discuss things.

My formal written CT results show that there are some areas of inflammation in my lungs, so that too fits with my theory. It's a serious condition that if left untreated can cause permanent lung damage, but it's easily treated with steroids, so I would expect to see a rapid improvement after just a few days.

It annoys me somewhat that I first complained of a constant cough over six weeks ago and it's been completely ignored once the clear CT scan came through. If I wasn't the sort of person to push and push for a result it would be three more months until my next scheduled appointment and by then the damage would be done.

Fingers crossed that this is in fact the problem!

No comments: