Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 13 post transplant.

It's now been almost two weeks since I received my stem cells back and it looks like my blood counts are slowly improving, yesterday I had a white cell count of 3.4. This is good as it means I am no longer at such a high risk of infection. Hopefully there will be no more week long stays in hospital!

Yesterday while having my blood tests done, one of the junior Doctors suggested that I would be all done by Thursday and could have my PICC line removed at that time. I pointed out that my platelets have not recovered yet and that I would not expect them to for another week. Though it would be nice if they rallied sooner just to put my mind at ease and that all is well. Once my platelet count starts to rise it's a sure sign that my bone marrow is functioning.

I'm feeling well most of the time but have the occasional bout of nausea. My red cell count is a bit low, so still no energy and I still get dizzy if I stand too quickly. But hey! I'm a heck of a lot better than I was a week ago! :)

No comments: