Sunday, September 14, 2008

114: Moving House..

There just has to be something in that Goji juice ! I've been drinking 2x 100ml a day since Friday morning and I just scored a 114 on the platelet test. That's a 20% increase in two days!.

I'm back at the hotel for lunch, can't turn down a pork roast! Then Alexander has offered to drop me at the klinik around two o'clock. From there it's straight into cycle two of chemo.

I was supposed to be getting a fixed catheter installed in either my neck or chest, but Dr D is not qualified to install them. So I'll be having a central line put in my arm to avoid a repeat of the damage to my veins that I suffered last time. The vein in my arm that got all red and painfull a few weeks ago is still very firm and hard in the area of the infection.

There is also a change in one of the chemotherapy drugs too, we are swapping Cisplatin for Carboplatin.
The reason being that it has less side effects and will not cause any further damage to my hearing.
It too is severely myelosuppressive (damaging to bone marrow), and we can expect the same problems with low blood counts as last time, possibly even worse, with all the risks that go with it.

Shall post an update once I'm back in my old room at the klinik, and treatment is under way.

No comments: