Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 15 of cycle two.

Sorry for the long break in updating.
Not a lot has happened healthwise. Here's an overview of the last five days..

The lump on my jaw is to be given an ultrasound scan on Saturday morning. Like myself, my GP had no firm idea what it might be. Could be a cyst, a reactive lymph node, a blocked saliva gland or a completely new type of tumour.. Personally I don't think an ultrasound will tell us much more than whether it's a lymph or parotid (saliva) gland. I think a biopsy might be needed to be conclusive.

I've been fairly well the last few days, however I've been plagued by diarrhea. A combination of the adcetris and antibiotics. I finish the antibiotics today.

This afternoon my other GP, Stu, will cut out the scar tissue on the "thing" on my elbow and stitch it up. I'm hoping that will be the end of it. If it doesn't heal this time things could get messy, I'll be running out of skin on my elbow to cut out! ;)

I've been busy sorting out a new layout in my workshop now that the Toyota has gone from the corner it was occupying. I've built a workbench out of left over timber from Sarah's workshop build and apart from having to buy the four posts for the legs, it's been a cheap exercise. I had a quote of $425 for a professional kit-set workbench to match the other four I have but I just couldn't justify the expense.


I've also nearly finished repairing my old drill press. It's 30 years old but in very good condition. It's been stuck on low speed for the last twenty years after someone tried to adjust the speed with the motor not turning. It's a fun thing to work on. Very "old-school" in design. It runs two pulleys that are of a variable size. By turning a knob you change the pulley size. The two halves of the vee in the pulley get closer together of further apart effectively making them bigger or smaller.

Anyway, it was totally seized up. I've stripped and cleaned it. Repaired the stripped gear and re-attached the tiny little chain that moves a big mechanical pointer that shows the rotational speed of the chuck. It's like a big meccano set. fun fun! :)

OK must go, I have a Nissan Skyline on the hoist waiting for a new rear muffler.

...Ron

No comments: