Thursday, March 29, 2012

But weight...There's more! Day 10

Following yesterday's post where the news was all about what ails me, here's some good news..

Today I cracked back into the 70kg weight range! It's taken a long time but in the last two weeks I've gained 2kg's! Yahoo!! I'm now 70.2kg and rising. That can only mean one thing.. the hodgkins is no longer sapping my energy. I've really struggled to regain the weight I lost early last year, no matter how much I ate. My goal weight is just 5kg away at 75. I'll need to make sure most of that is muscle. The reduced prednisone will help in that it too is no longer sapping muscle mass as much.

My back injury appears to have healed. It's taken about six weeks but it no longer aches either during the day or at night. The debilitating left flank muscle pain has gone too.
Yesterday's body and headaches have not materialised today either.

I'm weening myself off pred at 1/2 a mg at a time. I think 1mg drops are just big enough for my body to throw a bit of a tantrum, as it did earlier in the week when every joint hurt. Yesterday I dropped by 1/2mg and didn't have the same problem.

I had a road trip to Whanganui today to pick up some parts with a friend of mine. It made for a nice relaxing day. Probably just what my body needed.
Yesterday I played on my lathe for the day making some alloy suspension parts for my Toyota race car. I found it really cathartic, I'd hardly call it work. It's probably what I needed as I go through the worst of the chemo side effects. If a pattern has emerged it's that the second week from day 6 to 10 seem to be the hardest. Should be all good from here..  We hope!

PS: No signs of the major adcetris side effects yet such as Neuropathy.

No comments: