Saturday, January 28, 2012

Delays..

I got a phone call 3pm Saturday afternoon, It was oncologist Richard Isaacs phoning to ask how things had gone with my meeting with Alwyn D'Souza on Thursday. He said there was still no sign of the drug, so he had rescheduled the first cycle appointment for a week later, Tuesday the 7th Feb. He asked if I'd managed to get a CT scan, which I had, and then with his parting words he told me his horse was going to win today. It's pretty cool when you have a doctor that's as laid back as he appears to be.

So yesterday I had a re-staging CT scan done at Pacific Radiology in Lower Hutt. My health insurance picked up the tab and pre-approved the procedure in under 24hrs. The bill came to $1266.
Once again though the CT doctor failed to get a cannula into my pathetic veins and as a result the scan was performed without contrast medium. Apparently it doesn't make a huge difference to the resolution. I have my doubts. (I was given a CD of the images for my records. I took a look, nothing discernible for an untrained eye to see though) Richard will phone me with the results next week.

I've had a busy couple of days. Yesterday all the wiring was finished and signed off in the outside garage.  I've also installed some green spotlights that shine up into the bush giving a really cool effect for when we have BBQ's or a Spa.

Today I cleaned out the gutters of leaves, installed some plastic mesh to stop it happening again and then made some extra brackets to support the guttering as I felt it wasn't as supported as it should be. I then removed and cleaned the water catchment filters on the both water tanks.

I unscrewed the inspection plate on the bottom of the 115mm inlet pipe to make sure there was no debris or dead birds lurking in the underground pipework. Unfortunately for me there was about 200 litres of water just waiting for me to unscrew that plate!  Soaked would be an understatement! It blew out like a geyser ..However it was clean. (as was I!)

Tomorrow I plan to finish trimming out Sarah's little office workshop with some 3/4" beading to tidy up the corner gaps in the plywood. Then I'll design her a workbench and maybe build it too.. depends on time.

I'm booked for an eye exam and new lenses for next Tuesday. I have to do something about my failing eyesight, just to get me through till I can have cataract surgery. Today I feel like I'm walking around in a blurry, smokey haze. My biggest fear is that it will eventually get so bad I'll be unable to drive, Let alone race!!

..Ron

No comments: