Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Not a well man..

It's now wednesday, I've been here eight days. The last few days I've been incredibly ill.
The bug I picked up is in my blood and chest cavity, it's usually found in soil, so it's a long way from home!

A team from Infectious Diseases visited me this morning, I guess I'm a curiosity.
They want to transfer me to Wellington Hospital so they can put together a team.

Worst case scenario is that the bug has attacked my heart valves and I will require surgery to repair them.
Also if the fluid in my chest cavity doesn't completely drain and the bug is still hiding in the cavity, They may have to open me up and wash out my chest of any infection.

Scary, scary!!

I do feel a lot better today, but it's relative... I'm still very,very sick.

Will post again when I can.    ...Ron

No comments: