Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Moving House..

The new house is almost finished and Sarah and I move in this weekend 14th Feb.

Last Fridays sausage sizzle and drinks went very well with a few surprise visitors, some I hadn't seen in years! We are planning to have a big house warming party once we are settled in. I'll post the details here once we set a date.


My energy levels are really good now and I'm using my regained strength to do as much work around the property as possible. Today I was securing 'Novadrain' pipework to waratah stakes down into the bush and into a small stream. Much swinging of a sledge hammer and climbing near vertical bush covered slopes left me puffing and sweating but it felt good to be doing such energetic work again. Last weekend I painted the workshop floor and tonight Sarah and I laid carpet in my "man cave" / Office.


You might remember a couple of weeks back I posted that I had a heavy fall in the driveway, a "Face-Plant" that left me with a grazed face and a badly bruised chest. Last week I was talking to the builders about how the steroids can cause sudden muscle weakness and spasms causing me to trip.
We were loading a trailer with rubbish from the building site. Suddenly my legs gave way and I tripped falling heavily against a metal tie-down peg that was protruding from the trailer, almost impaling myself. I say "almost" because to look at the black bruised and grazed circle on my back, it looks like I was shot with a rubber bullet. I think had the peg been a little sharper I would have been in more serious trouble!


I can see that I am going to have to be ultra careful over the next year while on medication :)



My daughter Ashleigh and her boyfriend Gary have been staying with Sarah and I for the last four weeks. They returned to Brisbane yesterday. Was so good to catch up with her, it had been two years since she last visited and so much has happened to me in that time, it's good to have had this measure of health so that we could get out and do a few things. Not as much as I would have liked though as the new house soaked up a huge amount of my time.






...Ron

No comments: