Thursday, August 6, 2009

Huge improvement in lung function

I've been feeling really, really good lately so tonight I decided to have another crack at the treadmill and do a spot of running.
The last two times I tried, about a month ago, I was left coughing and struggling for air after less than two minutes of running at 7kph.

I've done no exercise since than time and yet tonight I ran for twelve minutes at 7kph without getting uncomfortable at all. My breathing was fine as was my heart rate. I only stopped because I didn't want to over do it first time out.

This would indicate that my lungs are in a lot better shape than they have been for a very long time. The areas of concern that showed on my last CT scan must be further resolved.
I'll celebrate tonight with a glass of vegetable juice!

Now if I can just crack the cause of this darned fever I'll be feeling completely well!
Tomorrow I'll see the my GP about another course of prednisone to that end.
Had to laugh at the published list of side effects for prednisone "may cause fever"
..I've always been an enigma.

No comments: