Monday, May 18, 2009

Cough and Asthma

I've now had this Asthmatic cough for about a month, it is brought on by changes in air temperature. If I am exposed to warm air I start to cough a little and I get very wheezy.
There are a lot of people I know who are complaining of similar symptoms and even my 1 y/o niece Alex has developed a cough that sounds similar.

However I'm still totally paranoid as it reminds me of the cough that developed after I returned from Germany and that turned out to be Hodgkin's. I don't have the dry annoying cough though that is more typical, and I have no other symptoms like night sweats, high temperature or itchy skin. So I live in hope that it's just a chest infection/asthma that is being exacerbated by the radiation and chemo damage to my lungs. Either way I shall know for sure on Wednesday when I see Dr D'Souza for my CT scan results.

Things have changed in my business, Kurt who had been with me for around four years, left on Friday to work on building up his own business doing earthworks while working part time as a gib-fixer. So there is only me now working in my business, which isn't completely a bad thing as the workload has dropped quite a bit with the shrinking economy anyway.

The new house plans are coming along slowly. I'm dealing with the council at the moment, going through the consents process. That in itself is worthy of a blog. You can't imagine how ridiculous some of the information requests from them have been.

I'll post an update on Wednesday after I've seen the doctor for my scan results.. fingers crossed it's not a relapse.

No comments: