Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eating again

I got onto things pretty quickly this time round and I think by self medicating with an anti-fungal liquid on Monday I've managed to avoid a long stretch of suffering.
The hospital has prescribed a systemic anti-fungal which I started on Tuesday and by Wednesday I was able to swallow fluids again. Today I was able to eat cornflakes for breakfast, all be it rather soggy ones.
Most of the ulcers have subsided apart from a few really painful ones on the inside of my lips. I'm sure they will be gone in a day or two.

Sounds silly and insignificant to be complaining about mouth ulcers after all the medical dramas I've been through, but I can assure you that having thirty ulcers is thirty times more painful than having just one, and on Monday I was a pretty pitiful sight. Unable to eat, drink or even talk properly. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

No comments: