Monday, March 9, 2009

and still dropping

Platelets today were 11 and that's after Saturday's transfusion. White cell count was a low 1.83. It would be a fair comment to say that I am extremely anxious. Tomorrow I'm back in for another transfusion and a shot of GCSF.

I did some reading today on Stem cell transplant recovery times.
It put me in a better frame of mind. It said that patients can be in hospital for as long as 1-3 months post transplant. I left the same day (but did come back for a week with an infection). Recovery can take up to six months. I'm just waiting for my bloods to recover and I'll be raring to go!
Some patients report that they are still not back to pre-treatment health 1-5 years after transplant. So since it's only been 19 days and I feel pretty darn good, I don't think I'll complain too much... some higher blood counts would be nice however :)

No comments: