Saturday, November 8, 2008

Election Day 08

Wow what a fantastic day it is outside today! It's car cleaning weather!
So far I've managed to clean both the Evo race-car and STi Impreza. I'm not sure I have enough energy left to do the van, I think it can wait till next time.

Tomorrow we are travelling over to the Wairarapa to enter a hillclimb event there.
The event is at Admiral road, near Gladstone. It's a very short hillclimb, only about 40 seconds to the top, but very tight and twisty.
Last year I entered and broke the record that had stood for nearly 25 years by 2 seconds. This time round I'm just in it for the points. I may not be able to make one or two of the next rounds of the 'Duncan McKenzie' series so it's important I build a lead now so I can hopefully win the series again this year.

Health-wise I feel completely normal except this darn cough and persistent asthma.
I have no idea if it's because of the lung involvement, I guess it's got to be, But I have suffered from it in the past when scans showed no involvement. So who knows.
If I wasn't coughing all the time I'd be convinced there was nothing wrong with me.
It's easy to see how some people only find out at the last minute that they have cancer and that it has been with them for years.
I fired an email off yesterday to the haematologist at Wellington hospital. I figure he's had two day's already to schedule me an appointment, so it was time for a hurray along from me. None of this waiting 18 months for a referral! The squeaky wheel gets the oil.!

Well I'd better continue packing the van full of race gear, then load the car onto Murray's truck for the trip over the hill early tomorrow. Then it's off to cast my vote.

I'll post an update on my race results tomorrow.

No comments: