Friday, October 12, 2012

Not a lot happening

Just a quick update..

I got through the week with just the one unit of blood given today. That's a big improvement on 3-4 units I used to require each week. The pattern seems to be one unit on a Friday and that will see me right through for seven days.

Platelets aren't so spectacular but are improved. I now have one unit on each of the three visits, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. My counts are usually around the 3-4 figure and I have not had a bleeding event in several weeks.
So some improvement there but not anything to get too excited about.

I've split my prednisone dose to 10mg morning and 5mg at night. It makes for a far better night's sleep but my body complains bitterly about the day time reduction with aches and pains. I'm hoping it will adjust over the next week or so.

Breathing has improved but I still have the odd period of breathlessness.

That's all for now  :)   ..Ron

No comments: