Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More tests..

I probably should have mentioned that I'm now up on the 5th floor in the oncology ward. This time the short stay unit lived up to it's name.

Today I had hi-res CT scan of my chest taken and from that the doctors hope to work out just what is causing my cough and lung problems. Is it BOOP or Lymphoma or pneumonia?. I do think it's odd the sometimes my breathing feels completely clear. You wouldn't expect that if it were a degenerative type problem I would have thought. Anyway I should know by later in the week.

Thursday I have yet another bronchoscopy scheduled, where they put a camera up my nose and down inside my lungs and take a look around. Then following that they are going to do another pleural aspiration, where they insert a needle into my back and drain fluid from my chest cavity.

I got outside today for some fresh air and exercise. I walked for about 600M, which is a long way for me these days. Probably the most I've done in 3 months. Not a bad effort but I'm truly exhausted now. Will spend the rest of the day laying on my bed and relaxing/recovering.

...Ron

No comments: