Thursday, July 28, 2011

Post Surgery.

Surgery today went extremely well.
I woke in the recovery ward and thought for a moment that they hadn't done the surgery.
I have no pain and can move about freely. I can even cough without any noticeable discomfort.

Even better news was that the surgeon dropped by later in the day and said everything had gone very well and that the node she removed did not look like what she would expect from lymphoma. Although it will be two weeks before we get the all clear from the histology report. I'm more than mildly excited by this news.

I'm not expecting to be here for very long, maybe a couple of days.
That's less than the "best case" scenario I'd been planning for. Recovery should be just a week or so provided there's no infection or bleeding.

My other good news was that they still had me loaded in the system as having a high energy/high protein diet, so I've been getting all the goodies delivered to me as if I'd never been away and I didn't have to wait four days for the dietitian to authorise it.

Sarah and I, are as you can imagine, are very, very excited at the strong possibility that I am still free from cancer 2 1/2 years down the track. Roll on the magic five years when my chances of relapse are as good as anyone else developing the disease in the first place.

Now on to beat this darn BOOP and reclaim a normal life!

No comments: