Thursday, June 23, 2011

small improvements..

Today we reduced the prednisone to 40mg. I have serious doubts as to whether 40mg is enough to continue the reduction in inflammation and repair my lungs. I guess I'll find out in the coming days. If it does then great, otherwise it's back up to 60mg.

Each day I am that little bit better than the day before. Yesterday I showered myself for the first time and only felt a little fatigued from the exercise. I can walk almost normally now, rather than shuffling like an old man. There's still very little strength in my legs and I'm unable to push myself up on the balls of my feet. However that is improving daily.

Both heart rate and blood counts are trending in the right direction. Very, very small improvements, but at least they are going the right way now.

I still have to hound the nurses for just about everything. Yesterday I had an appointment with the dermatologist at 4pm and no one came to pick me up. Called the nurse and she blamed the previous shift for not telling her.

There's been dozens of little incidents like this over the last three weeks. I can only imagine what it would be like for someone that cannot monitor their own treatment. I even have to ask for my meds some days.
One morning someone signed me off as having taken all my medication when I was in fact "nil by mouth" that morning. I gave them a rev about that as it was my prednisone and without that I would have been very sick.

I'm having trouble with an acid stomach at the moment. It started yesterday. Any time I eat anything I get a stomach ache and a feeling like a hot ball of acid in stomach. Told the nurse yesterday. Nothing done about it yet.

Oh well, that's enough complaining for one day..  ;)

No comments: