Monday, July 12, 2010

Busy around the house..

Last week I got Kurt in with his digger to remove a section of the bank at the rear of the house to make room for more parking and the planned storage garage. Sarah and I then spent most of last weekend compacting the gravel and leveling parts of the courtyard ready to start the paving around the spa pool.
Sarah shoveled and then barrowed over a tonne of gravel! How many 45 y/o women can lay claim to doing that?

The pictures below show just how much of an improvement in space we gained from just a couple of meters of soil being removed.



I've been living on a knife-edge since getting the word on my last CT scan from the Doctor.
However I don't seem to be exhibiting any major symptoms of relapse other than a mild skin itch.
All the other aches and pains I've had for over a year now and I had them at a time when I'd had several clear CT's. So I don't think they are relevant. Just wish I didn't have the odd prickly itch because then I'd be convinced that it's all a false alarm. (skin itch is a B symptom of Hodgkins Lymphoma, among other things)

I'm booked for another CT in late August, with a follow-up appointment in late September.
If the nodes in my pelvis are bigger I'm sure Dr D' Souza will be in touch. Hopefully he'll be in touch as soon as he see's the results good or bad! Would be nice to at least know where I stand.

Motorsport is pretty much on hold right now. I don't have any real desire to compete at this stage and I just don't seem to be able to find the time to work on the race-car and get it back together.
There is a hill-climb in early August that I originally thought was this July, I can't see me being at that however I will be ready for Shelly Bay on 26th September as it's one of my favorite events. Plus I'd love to lower my record winning time even further!  :o)  (At that point It will have been nearly a year since last driving the Evo in anger so I may be a bit rusty)

Tomorrow Sarah and I start work on laying the pavers in the courtyard.. Now that's a big job! I can feel a back ache coming on already!  ;o)

Later  ...Ron










No comments: