Monday, May 31, 2010

I guess I'd better write something.. It's been a while.

I've been suffering a bit of a chesty cough for the last few weeks, so I've increased my daily prednisone dose up to 27.5 from 21 just in case it was the COP returning. I must say I do feel a lot better for it. No nightly back aches and pains. However that will probably change once my body gets used to the higher dose and starts complaining again. I threw in some antibiotics too and things seem to be improving.
The change from hot to cold as I move around the house and workshop can bring on a bit of a cough too but that's not entirely exclusive to me, I think most asthmatics would get that at this time of year.

My brother Mark and I have spent the last two Saturdays building a secure storage area under the house to keep all my long term car parts and spares stored away. It's all finished now, I just have to lug all my wheels and heavy boxes of car parts down under the house. Not a small job! However this will be great as it will open up a lot more space in the workshop.

What's more.. It will also allow me to lock stuff away securely as we have been the subject of two thefts in the last month or so. First time was set of spare wheels for the Evo from under the house and the second was my mountain bike from the covered courtyard. I'd originally written the wheels off and wasn't going to claim insurance on them. However once the bike was stolen and I priced replacing everything the bill was over $3500. So well worth claiming on. Sadly I need to spend a lot of that on a better security system.

The really annoying thing is I'm 99% sure I know who took the items, but without firm proof it's a waste of time pointing the finger. I just wish my security camera had been working on the day... that's the first thing I will be upgrading!!

...Ron

3 comments:

Glenn McMillan said...

That's bad news Ron, they are pretty bold to walk down your drive and pinch that stuff, it's not like they have a quick get away if they are caught in the act. A camera sounds good and a big sign letting people know that they ARE being recorded!

La Sauciere Folle (The Mad Sauce Chef) said...

Ron, This is a cool site and I have respect for your courage in fighting illness and still choosing to live. Never lie down mate, Good on ya !

Ravn... said...

hey..just a few words to wish u good luck with your battle against your illness.

Ravn from Norway.