Thursday, December 17, 2009

Where am I now?

Hmmm well looking pretty darn good actually!

Energy levels are climbing spectacularly, I can now function without fatigue.
Sure I haven't exactly tried running around the block, but I can walk around the new house section without breaking into cardiac and respiratory distress, which is kinda nice :)

I saw the respiratory doctor at the hospital today and he is convinced that we are on the right track, as am I. I can stop the antibiotics today and tomorrow I drop from 60mg to 40mg of prednisone. Then in five days we go down to 30mg until late january and then perhaps 20mg after that for the rest of the year.

I have no cough, I have no fever and I have three CT scans that say I am in remission!
The shadows that caused all the concern in previous scans have been moving around my lungs and growing then resolving with steroids exactly as would be expected with Cryptogenic Organising Pneumonia (COP) which is not typical of Lymphoma.

So end result, I'm in remission and the treatment for the true cause of my illness is now under control. When Sarah and I think back just a few weeks/months to when we were sure I'd relapsed and didn't have a very good outlook for survival long term... Man what a turn around!!

Roll on 2010 and getting back to a normal life and all the cool things we have planned.

Tonight I'm celebrating with a glass of wine from my collection that has remained untouched for a very long time. (Sarah has her own stach!)

Cheers!

No comments: