Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Two mornings worth of back pain.

..and now twice in a row I have woken at 6am with a pulsing back-ache and a slight fever.

I've searched the Internet looking for a connection between steroids, Hodgkin's and a pulsing back ache. I can find none. The fever may provide the clue. Perhaps my nadir for the steroid effect is early morning and it's at that point that the fever builds and maybe this allows my old lower back injury to flare. It's all guesswork.

Previously when my Hodgkin's was active I would get a pulsing back-ache in the evening.
I could do nothing to ease the pain except take a panadol and wait. This time round it can be "turned off" if I can find the right "sweet spot" to position my back into. So it sounds like it may be a nerve that is being pinched or pushed against. The pulsing with the heart beat is weird though.

Well I'm hoping this is just a side effect from prednisone. It freaks me out when I get a symptom that is exactly the same as when I have had active Hodgkin's. Talk about paranoid. They say you can never relax after you have had cancer. Oh well the coming weeks will tell. It will either get better or worse.

No comments: