Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The crash Video's up!

I couldn't get out of bed yesterday morning until nearly midday.
This chest infection is hitting me hard. To add to that the injury to my ribs seems to be getting worse painwise now that I'm weaning off the steroids. I'm guessing I probably cracked one or two ribs and the constant coughing is just making it worse. The fevers have returned too, but hey! It was worth it and I had a feeling my body would collaspe once I got home. Even I was surprised I got through each day without complete physical collaspe.

I've uploaded the crash footage to you-tube here..

I've got a lot of work to do over the next few days, two service vehicles to unpack and lots of borrowed gear to return around the country. I'm also going to try and straighten up the car a little more before the weekend so I can enter the Admiral road hillclimb in the Wairarapa on Sunday. I need the points for the Duncan McKenzie series if I'm going to hold onto that trophy for a fifth year. The bad news guys is that I will not be entering the Shelly Bay sprint this year as I will be returning from a wedding in Auckland on the day of competiton.
I've been told that I "own" that piece of road, well I guess I'll be renting it out on the 22nd ;)

Please if you have enjoyed following our journey and can spare $10-20 for our cause please donate to the Cancer Society by following this link..

http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/TargaLifeChallenge/

Thank's for sharing our adventure! ...Ron

No comments: