Monday, April 13, 2009

Who me? Paranoid?

I can't believe how paranoid I have become!
Friday night we went to a cocktail party at Murray's new flat. The temperature outside was quite chilly and I chose to sit under the heat pump above the couch to keep warm. I quickly started to cough and it wouldn't stop.

Once I moved away I stopped coughing but I felt quite asthmatic. This persisted right through Saturday and I coughed several times while talking during the day.
It was just like what had occurred after I returned from Germany. My cough returned and I became very asthmatic. Back then It had heralded the return of my cancer.

All day Saturday my brain was in a complete spin. If this was indeed a relapse after such a short period of time, I was pretty much doomed. I re-read my blog and realised that last time I had suffered from night sweats as well. I have had none. phew!
I avoided milk and milk products for the rest of the weekend and my asthma disappeared completely and I've not had so much as a tickle in my throat since.

It just goes to show how you are never rid of the fear that comes with cancer. I wonder how many years it will take before I start to relax?
Everyone coughs once in a while after-all. .

No comments: