Thursday, October 23, 2008

Night sweats and fever consistant with relaspe.

It's been a bit of a stressful week. I've had a few night sweats again. This seems to be preceeded by a high temperature before going to bed. One night it was as high as 38.5, another 37.8. Almost everything I have read on the subject all comes back as Hodgkin's Lymphoma as being the most likely cause of both unexplained fever and consistent night sweats. Bugger!

I've been in touch with Pacific radiation as to why they had not yet confirmed a date for my PET scan. Apparently they were waiting for more info. Just exactly when they were planning to ask for it I have no idea. I dropped in a copy of the treatment details from Germany to them today and have been told it is likely I will have my scan next week.

Both Sarah and I are pretty upset about what looks to be another treatment failure. It's still early yet, and there is a minute chance it's not a relapse, the scan will confirm.
Either that or if I suddenly have no more night sweats, I'll know either way. I went to the Doctors today and saw a relieving GP, he agreed it did seem to point to Hodgkin's. We decided to try a course of antibiotics (Augmentin)to see if that helped my dry cough and fever.

I've also emailed the Klinik and asked for Dr Kopic's opinion.

No comments: